Qualifications and Experience
Alyson is a registered Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). She is also endorsed by AHPRA as a Clinical Psychologist. (Registration number: PSY0001609063)
Alyson is a Medicare provider for psychological services (provider number: 4356928K).
- Master of Psychology (Clinical)
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
- Member of Australian Psychological Society (MAPS; Member No.: 023092)
- Associate Diploma of Divinity and Mission (Sydney Missionary and Bible College)
Alyson has worked as a Psychologist in private practice since 2008. Her current focus is conducting therapy with adults and adolescents over the age of 16 years.
Alyson has served on the Board of Directors at SIM (Serving in Mission) Australia since 2014. She also serves voluntarily on various committees with SIM.
Her experience includes:
- Psychologist in a clinical and forensic psychology service, conducting forensic and neuropsychological assessments for children, adolescents, adults and families (4 years);
- Psychologist at Headspace, a specialised mental health service for youth (2 years);
- Guest lecturer in Abnormal Psychology at the University of Wollongong (2 years);
- School Counsellor / Psychology Teacher at Bingham Academy, Ethiopia (1 year);
- Manager and Caseworker in child protection agencies in Queensland and New South Wales (10 years).
Hicks, A.L., Deane, F.P. & Crowe, T.P (2012). Change in working alliance and recovery in severe mental illness: An exploratory study. Journal of Mental Health, 21 (2), 127-134.